Union Budget 2021 Current Affairs Full detailed analysis for UPSC/SSC/Banking Exam
Union Budget 2021 Current Affairs Notes and Discussion
The Budget Proposals For 2021-22 Stands On 6 Major Pillars
- Health and Well-being
- Physical and financial Capital, and Infrastructure
- Inclusive Development for Aspirational India
- Reinvigorating Human Capital
- Innovation and R&D
- Minimum Government, Maximum Governance
Health and Well Being
A new centrally sponsored scheme, PM Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana, will be launched with an outlay of about ₹64,180 crores over 6 years. This will develop capacities of Primary , Secondary, and Territory care health systems, Strengthen Existing National Institutions and Create New Institutions, to Cater to Detection and cure of New and Emerging Diseases. This will be in addition to the National Health mission.
Supplementary Nutrition Programme and the Poshan abhiyan will be merged to launch the Mission Poshan 2.0. There will be adoption of an Intensified strategy to improve nutritional outcomes across 112 Aspirational Diatricts.
Universal coverage of Water Supply
The Jal Jeevan Mission (Urban) will be launched. It aims at universal water supply in all 4,378 urban local bodies with 2.86 crores households tap connections, as well as liquid waste management in 500 AMRUT Cities.
Swachch Bharat, Swasth Bharat
For further Swachhta of urban India , there will be focus on complete faecal sludge management and waste water treatment , source segregation of garbage , reduction in single-use plastic, reduction in air pollution by effectively managing waste from construction and demolition activities and bio remediation of all legacy dump sites.
Vaccination ( Important point for Union budget 2021 current affairs)
The Pneumococcal Vaccine a made in India Product, is presently limited to only 5 states will be rolled out across the country. ₹35,000 crores have been given for COVID -19 Vaccine in 2021-22.
2. Physical and Financial Capital and Infrastructure
- A scheme of Mega investment Textile Parks (MITRA) will be launched in addition to the PLI scheme.
- Centre would also providing more than ₹2 Lakh crores to states and autonomous bodies for their capital expenditure.
- By march 2022 Government would be awarding another 8,500 kms and complete an additional 11,000 kms of Natinal Highway Corridors.
- Indian Railways have prepared a Natinal Rail plan for India 2030 and it is expected that western dedicated Freight Corridor will be commissioned by June 2022.
- Hydrogen energy mission is proposed in 2021-22 for generating hydrogen from green power sources.
- 7 projects worth more than ₹2000 crores will be offered by the Major ports on Public Private Partnership Mode in FY21-22.
- Ujjwala Scheme which has benefited 8 crores households will be extended to cover 1 crores more beneficiaries.
- To further consolidate the Financial capacity of public sector banks ₹20,000 crores is proposed in 2021-22.
- Govt proposes to take up the privatization of two public sector banks and one general insurance company in the year 2021-22.
3. Inclusive Development for Aspirational India
- Goverment is enhancing the allocation to the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund from ₹30,000 crores to ₹40,000 Crores.
- Five Major Fishing harbours – Kochi, Chennai, Visakhapatnam, Paradip and Petuaghat Will be developed as Hubs of Economic activity.
- One Nation one Ration card Plan is under implementation by 32 states and UTs , reaching about 69 crores beneficiaries that’s a total of 86% beneficiaries covered.
- To further facilitate the credit flow under the scheme of stand up India for SCs , STs, and women Govt proposes to reduce the margin money requirement from 25% to 15% and to also include loans for activities allied to agriculture.
4. Reinvigorating Human Capital
- More than 15,000 schools will be qualitatively strengthened to include all components of the National education policy.
- For accessible higher Education in Ladakh , govt to set up a central university in Leh.
- To establish 750 Eklavya school models in tribal areas. govt to increase the unit cost of each such school from ₹20 crores to ₹38 crores, and for hilly difficult areas , to ₹48 crores.
- Government will undertake a new initiative – National Language Translation Mission. This enable the wealth of governance and policy related knowledge on the internet being made available in major Indian languages.
- As part of the Gaganyaan Mission activities, Four indian astronauts are being trained on Generic space flight aspects in Russia. The first unmanned launch is slated for December 2021.
- Govt will launch a Deep ocean mission with a budget outlay of more than ₹4000 crores , over five years.
5. Minimum Government, Maximum Governance
- In accordance with the views of the 15th finance commission, centre is allowing a normal ceiling of net borrowing for the states at 4% of Gsdp for the year 2021-2022.
Direct Tax Proposals
In 2020 the return filers saw a dramatic Increase to 6.48 crore from 3.31 crore in 2014. In the direct tax Administration, govt has recently introduced the faceless assessment and faceless appeal. govt to take further steps to simplify the tax administration, ease compliance, and reduce litigation.
How to Remember the Union budget 2021 current affairs Important points
Union budget 2021 current affairs topic is a wide detailed summary and it is very important for the current affairs questions for govt competitive examinations like UPSC SSC Banking and railway. Most of the questions asked from budget section. You just have to focus on the bullet points which are most important from each topic. Better to focus on the amount allocated for various fields and make your own short notes. You can also take help from this post.
Union Budget 2021 current affairs key points
Union budget 2021 current affairs Highlights
We have discussed full detailed analysis key points of union budget 2021 current affairs notes for UPSC SSC Banking Examinations. Union budget 2021 majorly focused on 5 key points. Health, infrastructure, agriculture, Startup and Aspirational development. This union budget 2021 current affairs topic is most important for exams. You should read carefully and note down all the bullet points for better marks.