PM KISAN Samman Nidhi Yojana or Scheme Government of India
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Kisan samman Nidhi Scheme is a Intiative by the Government of India in which all farmers will get ₹6000 per year as minimum income support. The PM kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana was announced by Piyush Goyal during the union Budget of india on 1 Feb 2019. PM kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana was first implemented as the Rythu Bandhu Scheme by the Government of Telangana where a certain amount was directly handed to the farmers. Later on during the interim union budget of 2019 Piyush Goyal announced this scheme for the whole country to benefit the farmers.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the PM KISAN Samman Nidhi Yojana on 24 February 2019 in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh. Under this scheme all small farmers will provide ₹6000 per year in three different installments deposited directly into their bank accounts. The total annual cost for implementing this scheme is expected to be Rs 75,000 Crore which will be financed by the Central Government.
Objectives of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana :-
PM KISAN Samman Nidhi Yojana is Implemented as a central Government Scheme by the Government of india. This Scheme was announced to increase the source of income of the farmers and support them financially. The main Objectives are listed below
- To Provide Income Support to all the Eligible Land Holding Farmers.
- PM Kisan Yojana also aims to provide the financial needs of the farmers and to ensure proper crop helath and proper yields to increase the income of farmers.
- This scheme is Expected to Increase the coverage of PM kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana to around 14.5 Crore beneficiaries. It aims to cover around 2 crore more farmers with an estimated Expenditure of Rs 87,217.50 Crores That will be funded by the Central Government of India.
PM kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Eligibility and benefits :-
Any small or Marginal Farmer Should not fall under the following criteria to be eligible under the PM Kisan Yojana. here are some points to be noted knowing the eligibility for PM KISAN Scheme.
- Any Institutional Land Holders.
- The Farmers as well as any member of the family belonging to the following categories.
- formers and present holders of Constitutional posts.
- Former and Present Ministers/State Ministers.
- Former and Present mayor’s of Municipal Corporation.
- Former and press Chairpersons of District Panchayat.
- All retired Pensioners who get a monthly pension of Rs 10,000 or more belonging to the above category
- Any individual who paid their income tax in the last year not be eligible under PM kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
Documents Required For PM KISAN Samman Nidhi Yojana
The Farmers Who are Eligible under the PM kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana are required to produce the below mentioned documents for their verification under this scheme.
- Citizenship certificate
- Landholding Papers
- AADHAR Card
- Bank Account Details
Advantages of PM KISAN Samman Nidhi Yojana Scheme
- The Direct Transfer of funds into the bank account of farmers is one of the best advantage of this scheme. On 25 Dec 2020 in the presence of prime minister Narendra Modi ₹18,000 Crore were directly transferred to the bank accounts of 9 crore farmers.
- All the records related to registration of farmer under this scheme registered officially on a digital platform which has made the easy transfer of funds to the farmers.
- This scheme eases liquidity constraints of the farmers.
- PM KISAN Yojana is a great initiative of Government of India towards the modernisation of Agriculture sector in India.
PM KISAN Samman Nidhi Yojana is important topic for all the students who are preparing for the Government examinations like SSC UPSC Banking and Railway for Current Affairs Section. There are amany central government schemes which are important for Exam and this scheme is also important for current affairs topic.
Generally the examiner asked most of the questions from the Government schemes, For central Government schemes you have to keep all the important points related to the scheme but for state government schemes you just have to remember the name of Yojana or scheme.
For more information regarding PM KISAN Samman Nidhi Yojana check Here official site – https://pmkisan.gov.in/#About
This Post Has One Comment
Hey there, Many thanks for the content. I am just searching for more content material like this. Kindly maintain modernizing