Tokyo Olympics Current Affairs 2021 – India At Tokyo Olympics
Opening Date – 23 July 2021
Closing Date – 8 August 2021
Miraitowa – The Official Mascot of the 2020 Summer Olympics
Official Motto – United By Emotion
Important Points of Olympics Current Affairs
- This Was For the Fourth time that Japan Hosted the Olympic Games, After Previously Hosted the Tokyo 1964 ( Summer Olympics ), Sapporo 1972 ( Winter Olympics ) and Nagano 1998 ( Winter Olympics ) Games.
- Apart From this, Tokyo is the First Asian City to Host the Summer Games Twice.
India At Tokyo Olympics Current Affairs 2021
- Indian Contingent Managed to win 7 Medals Comprising of 1 Gold, 2 Silver and 4 Bronze Medals.
- The Country Stood at the 48th Position in the Medal Table out of 86 Countries.
- India Finished the Games with its best Ever Olympic medal tally of 7 In Tokyo Olympics 2020, Surpassing the Previous Record of 6 Medals at the 2012 London Olympics.
- Manipur Boxer MC Mary Kom and Men’s Hockey team Captain Manpreet Singh were Flag bearers for the Indian Contingent at the Opening Ceremony.
- Bronze Medalist Haryana’s Bajrang Punia was The Flag Bearer at the closing ceremony of the event.
Tokyo Olympics Medal Tally Table
|Rank||Country||Gold||Silver||Bronze||Total||Rank by Medals|
Tokyo Olympics 2021 India Medals
|Neeraj Chopra||Men/ Javelin Throw||Gold||Panipat, Haryana|
|Mirabai Chanu||Women/ Weightlifting||49 Kg / Silver||Imphal East, Manipur|
|Ravi Dahiya||Men / Freestyle Wrestling||57 kg / Silver||Sonipat, Haryana|
|Lovlina Borgohain||Women’s welterweight Boxing||64-69 Kg / Bronze||Golaghat, Assam|
|PV Sindhu||Women Singles/ Badminton||Bronze||Hyderabad, Telangana|
|Bajrang Punia||Men’s freestyle Wrestling||65 Kg / Bronze||Jhajjar, Haryana|
|Men’s Hockey Team||Hockey||Bronze|
Neeraj Chopra Tokyo Olympics – Gold Medal In Javelin Throw
- In Tokyo Olympics, India’s Javelin Throw Star Neeraj Chopra Created History by Winning the First Ever Gold Medal in Olympic Track and Field Event.
- Subedar Neeraj Chopra is an Indian Track and Field Athlete and a Junior Commissioned Officer ( JCO ) in Indian Army who competes in the Javelin Throw.
- Neeraj Chopra is from Khandra Village, Panipat District ( Haryana )
- He was only the Second Person after Abhinav Bindra to win a Gold Medal in any Individual Games For India.
Neeraj Chopra Best Throw In Tokyo Olympics – 87.58 Metre
Mirabai Chanu Tokyo Olympics – Silver Medal In Weightlifting
- Manipur Weightlifter Mirabai Chanu has won the India’s first Medal at Tokyo Olympics
- Mirabai Chanu Silver Medal is Only the Second Indian Weightlifting Medal Since Karnam Malleshwari at Sydney 2000 Olympics
- Mirabai Chanu Won a Silver in the 49 KG Weightlifting Category
- China’s Hou Zhi hui Won the Gold Medal
- In Manipur, the State Government has decided to appoint Olympic Silver Medalist Saikhom Mirabai Chanu as the Additional Supritendent of Police ( Sports ) in the Police Department
PV Sindhu Tokyo Olympics – Bronze Medal in Badminton
- Indian Star shuttler PV Sindhu Created History by Becoming the First indian woman to win two Consecutive Individual Olympic Medals
- PV Sindhu Defeated He Bing Jiao of China in Women’s Singles Category to Clinch the Bronze Medal at Tokyo Olympics
- She had won silver at Rio Olympics in 2016 after losing to Spain’s Carolina Marin in the final.
- Besides, Sindhu Wrestler Sushil Kumar is the Only other Indian athlete to win two Individual Medals at the Olympic Games.
Men Indian Hockey Team Won Bronze Medal at Tokyo Olympics Current Affairs
- Indian Men’s Hockey Team Created History by Defeating Germany 5-4 to Win a Bronze Medal in Tokyo Olympics
- For India, Simranjeet Singh Scored two Goals and Harmanpreet, Hardik and Rupinder pal Singh Scored One Goal each.
- Eight Time Olympic Hockey Champion India Won a Medal at the Games After 1980. overall this is the 12th medal in Hockey and Third Bronze for India in Olympics.
Haryana’s Ravi Kumar Dahiya has Created History Clinches Silver Medal In 57 Kg Freestyle Wrestling
Assam’s Lovlina Borgohain has Won the Bronze Medal in Women’s Welterweight ( 64-69 Kg ) Category at the Tokyo Olympics
Bajrang Punia has won the Bronze Medal in 65 Kg Category in Freestyle Wrestling
Additional Points of India Tokyo Olympics Current Affairs
Official Cheer Song for India at Tokyo Olympics – “Hindustani Way” is Performed by Ananya Birla and composed by AR Rahman
India’s Official Olympic Theme Song – Lakshya Tera Samne Hai ( Composed and Sung by Mohit Chauhan )
Official Theme Song for Tokyo Paralympics – ” Kar De Kamaal Tu ” and it is composed by Sanjeev Singh