Detailed Notes of Ayushman Sahakar Yojana For Govt Exams
Ayushman Sahakar Yojana or Scheme is a central Government Scheme Launched under the ministry of Agricultural and Farmers welfare, The National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) on October 19 2020, Ayushman Sahakar is A unique Scheme to assist cooperatives to play an important role in the creation of Healthcare Infrastructure in the country.
The Covid-19 Pandemic has brought into focus the requirement of adequate facilities in the healthcare sector and medical department. thus Under this scheme NCDC would extend term loans to Prospective Cooperatives to the tune of Rs 10000 Crore in the Upcoming years.
Features of Ayushman Sahakar Yojana
- Ayushman Sahakar Fund will be made available by the National Cooperative Development Corporation ( NCDC ) and any Cooperative society with suitable provision to undertake healthcare related activities would be able to access the NCDC Fund.
- Term Loans to Prospective Cooperatives to the tune Ra 10000 Crore Shall be provided.
- Establishment and Renovation of Hospitals, Modernisation, Expansion and Repairs of Healthcare Institutes and development of Healthcare and education infrastructure Shall be the main Focus.
- To meet the Requirements, Working Capital and Margin money Shall also be provided to the cooperatives.
- Interest Subvention of 1% to Women Majority Co-operatives Shall also be provided under the Ayushman Sahakar Yojana.
Objectives of Ayushman Sahakar Yojana
- To assist the Provision of affordable and Holistic healthcare through Hospitals Healthcare Education Facilities by Cooperative Societies.
- To assist the Promotion of Ayush Facilities by Cooperative Societies.
- To assist Cooperative Societies meet the Objectives of National Health Policy.
- To assist Cooperative Societies to participate in the National digital Health mission.
- Assist Cooperative Societies to Provide Comprehensive healthcare Including Education, Services, insurance and activities.
National Cooperative Development Corporation ( NCDC )
The National Cooperative Development Corporation was Established by an act of Parliament in 1963 as a statutory corporation under the ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. Since 1963 NCDC has extended around Rs 1.60 Lakh crore as loans to Cooperatives.
Functions of NCDC
The Main Function of NCDC is Planning, Promoting and Financing Programmes for the Production, Processing, Marketing, Storage, Export and Import of Products and Supply of consumer Goods.
Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare : –
Minister – Narendra Singh Tomar
Constituency – Morena ( Madhya Pradesh )