The Government of India will Launch Scheme for Residential Education for Students in High Schools in Targeted Areas ( SRESHTA ) for Socio Economics upliftment and overall development of Scheduled caste Students. Under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Key Features of SRESHTA Scheme
- The Scheme is to be Implemented by the ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Social Justice and Empowerment Minister – Virendra Kumar
- This Scheme Targets the Students of Scheduled caste to give better environment and helps to control the Drop out Rate of SC Students.
- To implement the Scheme Niti Aayog has recognized reputed Non-Public Residential Facilities in aspirational Districts.
- In the Next five years the Ministry will Extend Support to around 25 Thousand meritorious SC Students involving 300 Crore Rupees for providing them Quality Residential Education.
- This Scheme will be launched on 6th December on Mahaparinirvan Diwas of DR B R Ambedkar.
- This SRESHTA Scheme is to be launched as Part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav Celebration of the Government to mark the 75 years of Independence.
What is Mahaparinirvan Diwas and why it is Celebrated
Mahaparinirvan Diwas is observed on the 6th December Every year to mark the Death Anniversary of Dr B R Ambedkar. In Buddhism Parinirvana means nirvana after death occurs, your soul release from the World. Dr B R Ambedkar died in his sleep on 6th December 1956 at his home in delhi. So 6th of December is Observed as Dr B R Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan Diwas.